Friday 24 April 2015

Filming the music video

Filming the Music Video

 When I was filming the music video, I went to various locations including Brighton seafront, a hotel in Brighton, and a local park. I had studied different music videos before setting out to film the music video and I had a good idea of what I wanted to do with my film and how I wanted it to look from the beginning. I knew that I would have to use a lots of shot variation as it would not look good enough after it was all put together afterwards. I got mid-shots on the balcony in Brighton and then I had filmed long-shots on the beach. I had also filmed shots on the train but they seemed to be unnecessary after having watched it back so I decided against including it.

 However, after I made my music video, I realised that I hadn't used very many shots after all. I was no longer in Brighton and so I just had to make-do with what locations were accessible with limited time available. Therefore, I included the shots that I had filmed in Brighton and went away and added the additional shots afterwards. The original copy was obviously not good enough as it lacked shot variation and it was quite boring. When I went away and filmed the other shots, I made sure that I included long shots, and also close-up shots as I hadn't included them in my original film. This made the music video much more entertaining and it did not feel as though it dragged. I recorded close-up shots in the park and I got different shots using mid-shot with the pond, and when there is an argument on-screen. I finished my film after a lot of editing and a lot more filming as I did not have what was required but I was happy with my end product.


No comments:

Post a Comment